2014 READ-A-THON AWARDS
“EXTRA! EXTRA! Todo el mundo lee!”
Principals’ Challenge Award:
- Maroon ribbon: Awarded to students who reach their personal goal (75 minutes for preK and K, or 100 minutes for grades 1 -5 ) of reading each day.
- White ribbon: Awarded to all students who participate in Read-a-thon.
Rita’s Reader Awards are awarded to:
- Trophy: Awarded to the student with the highest actual minutes read in each grade level.
- In addition, a plaque complete with photographs of the winners (the top student and teacher for each grade) will be donated to FPG by Rita Simon’s family to hang on the Read-a-thon Wall of Honor in the school lobby.
FPG Lion’s Pride Award is awarded to:
- Classroom Trophy: The class in each grade with the highest average number of minutes read per student.
FPG Lion’s Roar Award is awarded to:
- Medal: The student in each class with the most minutes read.
FPG Best Paw Forward Award is awarded to:
- Medal: The student in each class who put forth the best effort during the Read-a-thon. These students are nominated by their teacher.
This year in addition to ribbons and trophies, many of our community partners have donated prizes for our readers. Top readers from each class and grade will get gift certificates from local kid favorites. Donors include The Tumble Gym, Sugarland, Lumina Theater, and more. If your business would like to donate a prize for FPG readers, contact Jennifer Ferris firstname.lastname@example.org.